Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Early morning pictures

I didn't get as much done on the shawl last night as I wanted. The body is finished and now I have to start the border. This pattern is interesting because the border starts in the middle so half of the stitches are on a piece of waste yarn right now. You pick up the live stitches and the stitches along the side as you work the border.

Lily decided to "help" take pictures.


What a ham. And here she is saying that she is one of the most adorable creatures in the world. A second later, she reached around and "attacked" my leg.


In non-lace news, I wound this yarn up into two equal balls the other day.


The yarn is important to me because it was the very first skein of sock yarn that I ever bought. It is also the very first thing that I ever bought from Kim. It's been hanging out in my yarn basket for 2 years now and I think it is time to be used.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I like the colors in the shawl! And the sock yarn is pretty too.

Of course, the cat is an excellent added touch ... :-)

Anne said...

The cat definitely thinks she should be in every picture! :)

Janelle said...

Is that Mountain Colors Bearfoot? Luscious stuff!!!

Anne said...

I love the feel of the yarn which is probably why it stayed in the stash so long :)