Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New challenge

I find the difference between people and their various comfort levels very interesting. (I'm working at another library branch today so am visiting with different people.) One of the ladies here has been knitting for a while (year and a bit) but she is not comfortable doing anything more than scarves and hats. For me, scarves drive me batty unless there is a complicated lace pattern or interesting cables.



I like being challenged. I find this is true in all aspects of my life, not just knitting. Work can drive me crazy because it doesn't challenge me. In knitting, I like to push myself to do things. Sometimes that works out, other times it doesn't but I always learn something.



I think the next challenge will be learning to spin. It's something I've been thinking of for a while but haven't committed because it would mean buying a wheel. Well, Kim is going to be having a spinning class in the fall where you can rent a wheel. I got to see the wheels she is getting at TNNA and they are just cool! This is what it looks like but I can't remember the precise name of the wheel.

Ah, I can just see the roving all over the house . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to that spinning class as well! I'd love to purchase a wheel but want to make sure it's a thing I'd Love before investing. I've got my eye on a Lendrum. A new friend, Linda, took the spinning class recently and bought a Lendrum for the class. I've heard lots and lots of great things about them.

Anne said...

I know exactly what you mean! There are so many options for wheels out there that I don't want to buy one until I know a little bit more.