Saturday, June 23, 2007

Lace = addictive drug

I finally picked up my copy of Victorian Lace Today yesterday. I was waiting so long to get it (even though I had heard great things about it) because I wanted to see the book myself. The library finally got a copy in so I requested it. The second I looked through it, I knew I had to have the book. I could see myself making every single one of the shawls (well, except for the circular one) and a good portion of the scarves. On Thursday, I had wound up some lace weight yarn I bought on etsy.com a while ago. I haven't been happy with any of the projects I have been working on recently so what would be better than starting a new project? :)

(It's bigger now and the picture doesn't do the colors justice.)

I picked a simple pattern because the yarn is a bright yellow, green, light blue and dark blue (almost purple) and I didn't want to lose the pattern in the colours. I started working on it around 4 or so, took a break to ride for 2 hours, and finally stopped working on it around 10. In those 4 hours, I knit up a foot of the shawl. It is crack. So very addicting and the pattern is simple enough that I don't have to carry the chart with me! I'll work on it more today between work and riding.

Sidenote! Some of the Yarn Harlot's books are now on audiobooks. You can also purchase them at Audible. She's the narrator, too!

No comments: