Saturday, June 16, 2007

Miravi

New favourite word, miravi. It is Latin for "I was amazed!" I just finished reading Route 66 A.D., a nonfiction travel book which is the story about ancient Roman tourists and a modern tourist's attempt to recreate their travels. I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes Roman history or information about the Mediterranean. I think miravi would be a good name for a sock pattern. Hmmm. . . .

Speaking of socks: I'm about 2 inches away from being done with the socks I started last Saturday. I accidentally left the memory card in my computer so no pictures for you :( The bamboo yarn feels great and I've been told that it feels even softer after washing. Probably going to be going to the Needling Yarn this afternoon to hang out and finish them.

A friend and I went to Cafe Connections in Newark yesterday. It was so much fun! Definitely not the sort of place you expect in a strip mall. It was a combination coffee shop, wine bar, and restaurant/cafe. I had Chicken Fettuccine and my friend had a salad (which was huge!), both had wine and shared a Key Lime Torte. I like the feel of the place and will definitely have to go back. They have painted it with very bold colors and have a crazy, fun mix of tables from a dining room table to tall, outdoor sort of tables. Very eclectic and funky.

I'm thinking about going to Gahanna's Creekside Blues and Jazz Festival tomorrow. They shut down the main streets in Olde Gahanna (is anyone else highly amused when places put the extra "e" at the end of things?) and have music and food. Ooooo, I would be able to get Rita's, too (be warned, that site plays very loud music). I really like the little park next to the creek there.

No comments: