Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm seeing red

Here's the picture of the scarf. I'm halfway done and suddenly remember why I don't like making scarves ;) It's driving me crazy, the same thing over and over! Well, it shouldn't take too much time to finish.

I wish you could see a little bit more detail of the yarn in this picture. It is so pretty and knobbly. There is a thread running through it of what looks like metallic yarn but isn't scratchy.


I really should take myself of DeStash's blogroll. Beautiful yarn like this keeps going up for sale. I'm not an uber OSU fan but figured that I could keep it in the stash just in case. Who knows, it might be a good gift basket. Hmmm, I'll have to think about that one.


The woman who was selling it lived in Newark for a while but is now in VA. Talk about a small world! It is a custom dyed Scout's Swag sock yarn skein. Her colorways are so amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you could get scarlet & grey Scout's Swag! I'm taking a dyeing class tomorrow taught by Gail & Jacki from Cider Moon, and can't wait. They have the buckeye Bliss colorway that's just as pretty as yours. I also took a knitting with beads (no prestringing) class, a crochet class, a color theory class, and a short row class. Nothing today because we've got a lot on the calendar already, and they all trump knitting! Also, I've spoent enough money! In gas and parking along, it's been a pretty penny driving there. But very fun.