Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hopped up on lace

I have way too much on my plate now. Why did I think it was a good idea to sign up for the Mystery Stole 3? Geez. For those of you who have never heard of this (which was me a couple of days ago), I'll explain. The stole (a long rectangular shawl) has been specifically designed for this knitalong (i.e. a whole bunch of people knitting the same thing at the same time). The designer, Melanie, posts a little bit more about the pattern each Friday. The first clue is given out this Friday, June 29th. The only week which will not have a new clue is the Friday after the new Harry Potter book comes out because so many people will be reading it. The pattern this year is a beaded stole with the recommended colors of white or black. They had me at the beads . . .

Speaking of lace, the shawl I started on Saturday has been flying. I'm just doing the final row repeat for the body and will start the border pattern sometime tonight. I'll take pictures but right now it is just a larger version of the last picture. The border should be interesting and I am not foreseeing it taking too long (famous last words, right?).

2 comments:

N. Maria said...

Wonderful blog you have here! I saw your link on the Mystery Stole 3 group.
It's going to be a stampede on Friday!

Anne said...

It definitely will be! I can't wait but I don't have the yarn yet :(