Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Look who hatched!

The killdeer birds out at the barn always build their nests in the most inconvenient places. This year was slightly better because it wasn't in the middle of the driveway (unlike some years!) but it was smack dab in front of my trailer so I couldn't take it anywhere. Now that the eggs have hatched, we're able to use it again.

This picture is from last night when three out of the four eggs had hatched. You should have seen Mom and Dad trying to convince me to follow them because their wings were "broken."


These pictures are all from this afternoon when all of the chicks were out. This is the very first time I've seen killdeer chicks in all of the years that I've been out at the barn. Usually you just see the eggs then suddenly there are a lot of full-grown birds running around with no in-between stages.




Here are pictures of some birthday stuff I got in the mail today :) I just had to share the adorable cards! Oh, and the chapstick . . . MILK flavoured. Yes, that is right, MILK! (Well, they call it milk but it doesn't really taste like milk. It is the concept of the thing.) Click on the pictures for the Flickr notes.


And this from my cousin, Care. I have a feeling that the London Moleskin is going to come in very handy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What does milk flavored chapstick taste like? I do love milk.