Friday, March 02, 2007

My first bowl in a long time

Look what I have been working on recently. I haven't thrown pottery since first semester of senior year (little more than 2 years ago). It is really funny how quickly my hands forgot how to center a pot. A high school friend has a wheel and kiln in her parents house. Because she is in TX, I'm able to use them to practive my pottery skils.

The family's cat and dog are very "helpful." The cat wanted something the other day and, because I didn't give it to her immediately, put her tail around this pot while it was still wet. So the other side of it has a kitty tail imprint and she was covered in white clay. The dog is so grateful to have someone pay attention to her. :)

I've been knitting frantically for the baby shower. I have finished the pair of booties but haven't seamed them together yet. That is a project for later today or on the plane tonight. Sheldon has come to a bit of a standstill. This is what happens when I get new sock yarn! I get distracted from the other projects! I'll post some pictures soon.

Off to Baltimore tonight then taking a train to Philadelphia on Saturday. It will be really nice to see my friends and family this weekend.

No comments: