The new issue of Knitty is out (yea!) and I so want to make this pair of socks! Love, thy name is Clessidra. <3
So what have I been up to recently? Frogging, tweaking a pattern, casting on, frogging again, casting on again (all on the same project) and with a little bit of knitting thrown in there, too. I'm working on the Grecian Plait spring sweater also from Knitty (waaaaay too many nice patterns!). I finished this sweater a number of months ago but never sewed it together because I hate finishing up projects and weaving in ends. Secretly, I think I realized that there is no way that I would have fit into the size of sweater that I had made. See, I did do a gauge swatch but apparently I have no idea what size I am.
Anyway, I decided to make that sweater again because it is grey (perfect for Project Spectrum), I want a cute sweater for spring, and I really did like the look of the pattern. Well, sort of. You see, it still had that pesky problem of sewing the back, front and sleeves together. So I decided to re-write the pattern so that I could do it on a circular needle and have no side seams. This might work well in theory and not so much in real life. We'll have to wait and see.
So I frogged the first attempt and wound the yarn back into balls. Then I cast on and knitted a couple of rows. Unfortunately, at this point, I started to actually look at what I was making and decided that the plaits weren't loose enough. (The plaits are formed by, on one row, bringing one stitch over another and knitting that then the other stitch and, on the second row, knitting with a needle twice as big as the other. Now, this would be a problem with a circular needle except that I have the KnitPicks Options set so I keep switching out the needles. I love that set.) So I decided to go up to a 9 instead of an 8 with the bigger needle. Hopefully that will make a difference. Long story short, I frogged what I had made the second time and cast on again. It is like deja vu all over the place.
Oh, and of course I am working on a pair of socks though they have been put aside for my pattern tweaking. I'm using the purple Koigu yarn that I got a little while ago. Though, my goal is to get a couple of WIPs done before I start anything new for a while (ha! Yeah, right!).