Monday, January 22, 2007

Warm up America!

I am really nervous for tomorrow.

I work in a small branch library which is relatively new (opened in Sept. 2005). Before we opened, the only library service this community had was the bookmobile. Most of the time we don't have a huge number of participants in our programs. For instance, the last program I had (free blood pressure checks) only had 2 people come. One of those was a library employee who I begged and the other was a man who came in to use the Internet. Discouraging to say the least.

Tomorrow, I am having a program for Warm Up America!, a really great non-profit foundation. The whole point is to make enough 7 x 9 inch squares to make up a blanket. I am going to be teaching people how to knit or crochet if they don't already know how to do so. It should be a lot of fun since I love teaching / infecting others with the yarn sickness ;)

No, what I am nervous about is whether or not anyone will actually come. I've had a couple of ladies say they will but we have had other people say they will come to events then not show up. Blah. I always get very nervous before each of my programs and it looks like this time is no different!

Oh, the shawl is flying by. I can't get enough of it! I am on the 90th row and the 3rd of 8 total charts. You can really see the feathers starting to develop. But I should set it aside tonight (gasp) and make some squares for the blanket tomorrow. Time to practice different stitches!

No comments: