Tuesday, April 03, 2007

So I lied

I will actually get a picture of my Sodera socks posted sometime soon. I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics after work today to find elastic to keep the socks up (darn you cotton! *shaking fist*) and to buy ribbon. I couldn't choose between the black and red so I ended up buying both colors. Too bad they didn't sell the size I needed by the yard so now I have 2 full spools of it. I am sure I will find a use for them sometime.

I did find elastic but not the kind I expected. I thought I would have to get black elastic because, duh, the socks are black. They did not, however, carry black elastic in 3/8." At first glance they didn't seem to have any 3/8" at all! But then, what should I see in the upper right-hand corner of the elastic section? Why, it is clear elastic in 3/8". That is right, clear! So now I will be able to use it for another pair of knee highs I made a while ago (pre-blog time). I wasn't even aware they made clear elastic. I just hope it has similar qualities to the normal kind of elastic like being stretchy. Small detail with elastic.

I cast on another pair of socks today but these are going to be simple, simple, simple. It will just be my plain vanilla, toe-up sock recipe. I am making them for a friend and, luckily, she has the same shoe size as me. That means I don't have to be crafty and weasle her foot measurements out of her without making her suspicious. They are being made in Austermann Step, Gras. I love the greens! Luckily, I had the foresight (foresight! I know! Who am I and what did I do with Anne?) to have Andi buy 2 skeins of it. One pair for me and one pair for my friend. My love affair with this yarn continues. The toes of the socks are already done and I have an inch knitted on the foot. Socks from this yarn just fly off the needles. Guess it helps that it is plain knitting all the way.

I really do need to get back to the test knitting pattern. I do like it but I think my brain needs a break.

No comments: