Sunday, April 08, 2007

In every wood and every spring there is a different green

For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood and every spring there is a different green.
LOTR, Bilbo's song

That is probably one of my all-time favourite quotes and describes my world view quite well. To me it says, there is always something new out there so I am going to go see it.

What does this have to do with anything, you might ask? Well, I finished the pair of Gras socks that I was working on for my friend's birthday. This is the second pair of Austermann Step socks I have made and the love affair has not cooled. I love working with the stuff! Anyway, the color of these socks really is truly reminiscent of grass because it is not one shade of green. It varies from bright green to an almost brownish-grey-green with little flecks of brownish red in it.

When you glance out at the grass, you might just see one color but, if you look closely, there is so much more going on than at first glance. Metaphor for life? Eh, too highbrow for me. ;)

1 comment:

Becky G said...

I love those socks. I have some Austermann Step waiting in the wings, but I'm making myself finish the 3 pairs of socks I already have on the needles before I can begin.