Thursday, January 31, 2008

Furious

So remember how I went to England over the summer for class? Well, I needed to get the credit transferred from that university to my university. In order to do that, you have to fill out all sorts of forms and get all sorts of people to approve it. I haven't heard anything for a long time so yesterday I sent a message to one of the lovely and wonderful ladies in the library science office asking about my request. She promptly sent me a message back saying that she COULDN'T FIND ANY RECORD OF MY REQUEST TO TRANSFER CREDIT and that IT LOOKED LIKE MY OLD ADVISOR DIDN'T TURN IN THAT PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Ahem*

Sorry to shout but I am furious! My old advisor is no longer with the university (he "retired") so I can't just go to him and demand an answer. My new advisor doesn't know anything about this situation other than the information that I was trying to transfer credit and that the process had started before she became my advisor. She is trying to help as much as she can. Oh, and also, they can't find my transcript from the other university. My university needs an original copy in order to do anything and no one can find it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yesterday, I had to scramble and put together another request to transfer credit as well as sending a request to the other university to have them send another transcript. Judging by how quickly it took them to send it the first time I should have it in, oh, July. Now I am really worried what this will mean for my graduating in May. I hate my old advisor.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

academia is the devil. That is all I have to say.

Bridget said...

Oh man, this really sucks. I hope it gets resolved before much more time goes by.