Monday, January 07, 2008

Summing up

So blogger is being evil and not letting me upload pictures in batches right now. Then I tried to upload them one-by-one and, after 3 pictures, won't upload anything else. I'll try again later.

Anywho, I've been AWOL for a while and a lot of things have happened recently! First off, Christmas! I had a wonderful fibery Christmas. Mom had visited a number of alpaca farms when they had their open houses during the fall. At a couple of different ones, she bought roving (both prepared and raw) and yarn for me. I just want to keep petting the roving! My Aunt found the 3rd Barbara Walker Treasury for me! I must have spent the entire afternoon looking through it. AND my aunt got me a subscription to Interweave Knits! I'm really excited about that!


It was a very nice Christmas. It didn't hurt that I took the 26th off and celebrated my own Boxing Day. I ended up with a 5 day weekend because the library was closed on the 24th, too. The last break I had was my studying abroad in July so it was really, really nice to have the time off. I got a lot of knitting and spinning done.

The next thing that happened was my friend's bachlorette party and New Year's Eve. My friend's party was in Baltimore, MD so I flew in on the morning of the 29th and stayed until New Year's Day. It was a great weekend! I got to catch up with people I haven't seen for a long time and we did a ton of fun things. We went to Howl at the Moon for the bachlorette party, a fantastic piano bar. On NYE, we went to a house party thrown by the man of honor's friends which was a lot of fun/craziness. The friends have a roof porch so we had an excellent view of the fireworks.


**ETA: The Heroes illusion scarf was very well received. I love it when people show your stuff off to others because they thought it was cool. That is definitely a way to make a knitter feel very good :)

So I got home on Tuesday afternoon and went to bed soon after (3 hours of sleep will do that to you). The next morning, I woke up with a killer head cold/fever/unpleasant feeling-ness. I went to work but felt all hot and shaky. So I went home and slept pretty much all day. I did some auto-pilot knitting but then at the end of the day (after making an entire purse) decided that the colors were ugly. So I'm going to frog that project and not even put it on my ravelry page. I have been gradually recovering from the head cold and today finally feel 95%.

On Friday the 4th, my friend on her way from St. Louis to back east stopped by for the weekend. Our house was pretty much dead center on her trip so it was the perfect place to stay. I loved being able to show someone around my hometown. Having gone to school in PA and living in OH means that no one from school has visited out here before this. (Well, I shouldn't say that. My friend from Baltimore did but he was only in Columbus and not in my town.) We saw all of the sites and ate at Brews, the pub in town with an EXTENSIVE beer list. We went to the North Market in Columbus and had fabulous Indian food and delectable ice cream (Holy crap! In looking up the link, I found that they ship the ice cream! Even if you don't think the flavours sound good, trust me, they are. The Pear Riesling is the best, though!). We even went riding!


I rode Cali and almost bounced right out of the saddle because her trot is so powerful. She definitely wore me out! I'm so out of shape. Anyways, I loved having the chance to catch up and hear about what my friend is doing. She even got to see where I work before she left for the second leg of her trip.

Next weekend is also going to be very busy. My friend's wedding is on Saturday so I'll be headed out east again. It is so hard to believe that it is already time for the wedding! Whew. I'm going to go through college-friend withdrawl after these three weeks are finished!

I'll do another post soon with some of my first FOs for 2008. Hopefully Blogger will let me upload pictures by then!

**ETA: I am an idiot! I forgot to write about the other important thing that happened recently! I got a car! It is a 2008 Honda Fit in Blackberry Pearl. I love this car. It is very fun to drive and very sporty. The pictures will be in another post.

No comments: