Saturday, May 19, 2007

Guess what else I finished!

Guess what I finished (part 2) . . .




That's right, the Anastasia socks! This pattern is so much fun to do! I have to say that I like all of the socks that pepperknit has designed. These socks were like my other plain vanilla socks but literally had a twist to them! The yarn was OK to work with but not great. The finished product feels wonderful but it was really splitty, more so than the Austermann Step yarn. I have enough left over to maybe make a pair of footies. We'll see.

I finished this a couple of weeks ago (another thing designed by pepperknit and here is a link to the pattern) but never sat down to take a picture of it. Basically, now I am just trying to use up this color of the Kool-aid dyed yarn. The next project might be some more baby hats to keep in reserve in case anyone else I know is going to have a kid.


Speaking of babies, my cousin just had her's a couple of days ago. Mom and son are doing well and should be home for the first time today (or yesterday, time gets away from me). It seems like so long ago that I went to Philadelphia for her baby shower.

Off to start another pair of socks. This pair is going to be in Cherry Tree Hill's Peacock colorway. I've been hoarding this stuff since last year because it is so beautiful. The predominate color to the yarn is green and I am trying to get them finished before the end of this month's Project Spectrum colors. I want to have a pair of socks in each of the three different colors. Not to mention it just seems wrong to have a pair of needles without anything on them! (Come to think of it, that could be why I have so many WIPs. . . .)

No comments: