Monday, May 21, 2007

Another sock (what a surprise!)

Yes, those are DPNs you see!


I've actually broken out the DPNs for this project! I probably would have done them on circulars if I a) wasn't too lazy to figure out how many stitches should be on the 2 needles b) had 4 KnitPicks circs in US1s instead of 2 US1s, and c) wasn't working the two socks at the same time. My reason for working them both? Second sock syndrome (the dreaded SSS shudder).
For those of you who don't know, SSS is a horrible disease that can strike in many different sneaky ways. Mainly it hits knitters who make one sock then get bored of making the same pattern again for the second sock. I've been making 2 socks on 2 circs for so long now that I'm worried SSS will hit me hard if I only make one Pomatomus at a time. So the solution is to have 2 going at a time. I'll work one sock for one chart repeat, put that one down, pick the other one up, and start the cycle all over again.
I fell in love with the colors in the skein but am not sure if I love it knitted up. The greens and blues are pooling on one side of the socks and the pink/yellow on the other. The colors then spiral around the sock. I'll have to decide when the socks are finished. I really like the pattern, though :)

No comments: