Monday, October 30, 2006

You can't break into a locked closet with a library card

I finished the extremely long single-spaced paper. It turned out to be 12 pages including the reference page. I think it is a B range paper. You could tell I just didn't care. Also didn't proofread it, oops. Right. All I have left to do is the one page summary of it due tomorrow (blah) and a 5-7 page one that I could now right in my sleep.

Speaking of sleep . . . Guess who woke up at 3.30 this morning and couldn't go back to bed? I was so tired last night that I went to sleep early intending to get up at 5.30 and work on the paper some more. Instead, I woke up at 3.30! Let me tell you, there isn't much going on at that hour. I just lay in bed listening to a book on tape and thinking about how nice and warm it was wrapped up in the comforter. I think it is going to be a long day today.

Probably because of the lack of sleep I forgot my work keys at home today. It isn't too big of a deal as long as someone else has them. The only problem is that one of my coworkers leaves for school at 1 and the other one went to lunch at 1. That means that I have no way of getting into the locked closet where we keep our stuff. I actually tried to pop the lock using a blank library card. (Didn't work, by the way). *sigh* Things are not working out well today.

Knitting news . . . nothing much. I made a cute pair of cat ears which I will have to take pictures of tomorrow. I haven't had time (or inclination) to work on the shawl Saturday or Sunday. I took a break from paperage on Friday and went to the knitting store where I knitted for an hour with the people there. I've reached a point at which I am bored with the thing. I think I would like it more if I was using the mohair or if the end was nearer.

I am going to start the arrrrglyes today at lunch (or take a nap). Makes sense for the last sock of October. I won't get very far by the 31st but at least they will be started.

No comments: