Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Yarn! Yarn! Yarn!

DeStash is a very bad thing. Very. So that is why I check it every morning religously (I love Bloglines!). The beautiful green mohair blend arrived yesterday. I've decided to make the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shrug from I'm Knitting As Fast As I Can. It will be the first time I have tried making lace so we will see how it goes. I might try it first with some of the other yarn I have around the house. Just for practice.

I am still working on the yoga socks. Turns out I didn't have enough leftover yarn from the last pair of socks to make a full pair of yoga socks. So I've made the top of the sock out of that yarn and the foot part out of the lime green yarn from my green knee-highs from a while ago. The colors are ok together. I'll post a picture of them once both are done. Instead of doing them both at once, I started them one at a time.

I'll probably get a lot done in the car tonight on the way to school. Thank goodness Sarah is driving because something is going wrong with my car. Lovely. Whenever I press the brakes, there is a grinding sound and the car is sluggish to respond. Dad is getting it inspected for responding to his fire runs tonight so he is going to drive around a little to see what is wrong. We are probably going to take it in tomorrow. I think my car is protesting and telling me that it is tired. I mean, it was originally Dad's, then Mom drove it back and forth to Columbus, now I commute to work and school in it. It is feeling its 11 years. Poor car that must keep working until my schooling is over!

No comments: