Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Remember this?

Remember this?


It went from that to this. . .


. . . then this . . .


. . . and finally to this!


I should have waited to post this until I had started and then finished a project with the yarn. Then the picture sequence would have been complete! :) I'm planning to make a hat, Madge, from KnittySpin with the Cherry Tree Hill yarn but am not sure what to do with the undyed.

The first skein (98 yards) of the colored that I made was much thinner than the second. With the second one (86 yards), I was deliberately trying to make it heavier than fingering weight but the yarn turned out all bobbly and uneven. That will probably be the one I make the hat out of because the pattern embraces the bobbly-ness. I made a third skein with the rest of the Cherry Tree Hill roving which ended up being about 46 yards and much closer in thickness as the first one. The only problem with all of this spinning? I'm out of roving again. Hmm, that stuff from yesterday will hopefully come soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, how did you get your yardage measured? Do you have a wpi tool or something? This smeems like a silly question now that I've asked it, but the chair arms I used to wrap my colorful skein I guess could be measured.

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I feel silly. It didn't occurr to me to think niddy-noddy!
I'm going to have to get one of those, or make one of those, or something!