Monday, October 22, 2007

Packages!

I might not have gone to Rhinebeck but I had my own little fiber fest this weekend. On Friday, my friend brought me roving from her mom. She sent 2 4 oz. balls of wool, one dark brown and the other a light grey. I was going to take a picture of both of the balls but couldn't wait that long to start spinning it! I've spun up both balls now and am starting to ply the two together. The tweedy effect is really fun.


Lily decided to "help" me take pictures outside. She never really takes an interest in my yarn or projects. The roving, however, is a different story. I think that the smell intrigues her.


AND look what came in the mail on Friday! Yea! A box full of etsy purchases!





The seller even included a bar of handmade soap! Yum, mango spice.

Here are some more gratuitous cat pictures. She was just enjoying the sunlight so much. I kept throwing acorns to her and she would play with them for her standard 5 seconds. (Five seconds is the maximum length of time that the cat will play and no longer. This ADD behaviour doesn't help much when she is trying to catch mice.)



I have been knitting some though the spinning is taking up much of my time. I cast aside all of the other projects that are OTN and started up another one. Have you seen the Mermaid Fingerless Gloves? They are a variation of the Pomatomus socks. I've decided to knit 2 pairs for friends for Christmas. In order to force myself to finish them, I'm knitting 2 at a time but both of them in different colors. This way, when I finish these 2, I'll be forced to continue to work on the other 2 so the pairs will match. Does that make sense?


They are much further along than in this picture. I'm almost ready to start the thumb increases.

No comments: