Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Pictures (finally)

I bought some new batteries last night and finally took pictures of my swag and knitting progress. This first one is the Knit Picks order that I received a few days ago. I've already used (or am using currently) 5 balls of the Wool of the Andes on my Brennan Cardigan. The undyed yarn is 2 skeins of Bare laceweight merino. That should be a lot of fun to play with sometime soon. I haven't had a chance to use the Harmony needles yet but I love them from just handling them!


This picture of one sleeve is from early in the evening yesterday. By the end of the night, I had finished with the increases and only had another inch to knit before I get to the decreases and bind off. Whew, this is flying!


Here is the back that I started before deciding to do the sleeves first. You cast on and knit for 2 inches with the smaller needles and then change to the larger ones. In this picture I had just switched sizes. The Options needles are so wonderful because I could leave all of these stitches and just switch the tips.


This is the stuff from the Appalachian Heritage Fest. Look at the pretty roving :)


The thing that amused me the most though? This guy right here!


Baaaaaaaaa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun haul. I'm sorry to have missed the festival--we had a wedding for one of Andrew's co-workers to attend. Peh. Oh, sometimes I think especially Geoffrey is spiritually an 87-year old man. He gets on very well with our elderly neighbors! Not that he doesn't have a Very playful side too--he just wasn't into the "butts!"