Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Slight falling down

Ravelry is bad. Horrible in fact. You can see so many wonderful different patterns and yarns and photos and . . . *sigh* It caused me to have a slight falling down on the Knit Picks site. *small cough*

I found this great cardigan called The Brennan Cardigan. It is a jacket length sweater with a very simple but nice design. The designer based it off a sweater that Dr. Tempe Brennan wore on the show Bones. I like the show but really like the books by Kathy Reichs that the show was based on. I've been looking for a sweater jacket for a while so this design is perfect! My size requires 1800 yards of yarn.

So I was on the Knit Picks site looking at those new Harmony needles, deciding if I wanted to buy some or not. I finally decided that I did want to buy some and then thought, "Hey! I can get the yarn for that cardigan/jacket from Ravelry. They have some pretty worsted weight on here. Let's see, that comes to a total of 16 skeins. And I don't have enough laceweight, let's add 2 hanks of undyed yarn." *another small cough* It's probably a good thing that most of the Harmony needles were on back order. I was able to get a pair of 2.5 mm circulars for socks and a set of 3.5 mm tips. I love that the distribution centre is in Grove City because they shipped them yesterday afternoon and they are already at my post office. No, I wasn't stalking USPS's order tracker. Why do you ask? *cough*


In other news, I finished a pair of baby socks from Cat Bordhi's new book. I really like the way she does her wraps. They look very clean. Sorry for the bad lighting. I felt to lazy to actually set something nice up.



I finished the pair of toe-up Monkeys and just need to weave in the ends. I liked working with the yarn but was really annoyed that 2 different dyelots had been joined in the middle of the skein.

I started a new project from Victorian Lace Today with laceweight yarn I got in England. It is going to be the Double Bordered Scarf. As you can see, not much has been done on it yet. I didn't really like this color combination in the skein but really liked it once it was balled up.


I'm back to working on the Shoulder Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I stopped working on it because I ran out of yarn with a couple of inches left on the border. Monday night I sat down and ripped all of the border out and put everything on holding needles. Last night I picked a smaller border that will hopefully take less yarn to make. I started working on the new border this morning before I had to rip myself away and go to work. I'm getting to the point that I am having too many WIPs on the needles. Hmmm.

No comments: