Monday, August 21, 2006

Socks, socks, everywhere!

So I was cleaning up my room yesterday and started straightening my yarn stash. That is always a bad thing. Once I started with that section of the room, all thoughts of cleaning the rest of the room died.

I have an absolute passion for knitting socks and have tons of sock yarn in the stash. Well, I discovered some sock yarn that I had squirreled away and discovered I didn't have the #2 circular needles that I needed for the guage. Of course, I just had to run down to the Needling Yarn for the needles. With a knowing smile, Kim, the owner, told me that she just got some new sock yarn in. It's a vicious circle, isn't it? :)

I am currently working on a knee-high sock using yarn from Cherry Hill in the Monet color. I LOVE the colors but can't seem to get it to pattern up. It only has a pattern of colors in the sections where I have increased (i.e. around the gusset and the very top of the leg). I've tried #1s and #2s but it doesn't seem to make a difference. *sigh* I'll get a picture of it on here sometime.

No comments: