Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cute!

My friend was married last weekend and luckily it was the perfect weather for an outdoor wedding. We've been having unusually cold temperatures but on Saturday it was nice and warm with the sun shining. Isn't her wedding cake adorable?!



They got married on a farm (complete with a tractor ride down to the reception!) so all of the cookies surrounding the cake are farm animals and tractors. Adorable!

In knitting news, I've still been working on the Stash and Burn challenge of reducing my stash. Currently, I've been working on the Queen Anne's Lace shawl though I put it aside temporarily for another project. And that project is the Hemlock Ring Blanket by brooklyntweed. I had some 2400 yards of thick and thin Cherry Tree Hill in the color, Green Mountain Madness in the stash from a yard sale last year.

It has quickly knit up to this blob.


If you want a fast blanket pattern, I highly recommend this one. I started it on May 25th and am already close to being finished. I think though, I am going to add a number of plain knit rows to the bottom just to use up some more yarn. So far I've probably used 600 yards so I am definitely not going to run out anytime soon. It is a perfect mindless project but with a little bit of lace to keep it interesting. I'm expecting to be able to finish it in the next day or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty!
Wait a minute . . . yarn at a yard sale? I think I'll start going to them again!