Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympics, day 4

Yay! Winter Olympics!  Are you watching and enjoying the games?  Going back to work after this long 3-day weekend is going to be hard because I will have to drag myself away from the tv (and the knitting). 

My olympic knitting has been going EXTREMELY well.  I mean, so well that it is freaky.  On Friday, I cast on for the sleeves of my Handspun Tangled Yoke Cardigan.  I completed almost an inch of them before I decided to start on the body of the cardigan.  That was Saturday early afternoon and, by today at 4:30 pm, I've reached the point where you join the sleeves to the body!  Wow.  That's amazing.  I think one thing that has helped it knit up so fast is that I decided to knit the cardigan in the round and steek it.  For those of you who don't know, steeking is an extremely scary thing where you knit your garment with the intent to cut it open.  It is just amazing how quickly this project is going.  Now, that will probably jinx everything but I can hold out hope! 


I'm off to work on the sleeves!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Wow! Seriously impressive!

MavenKnits said...

dude! you rock. My sock is not so impressive. I ripped it back today... but I will wear it, because it will fit!