Saturday, February 09, 2008

Meme and continuing with gray

Lisa tagged me with this meme/survey thingy.

4 Jobs I've Held:
pet-sitter
plant waterer (or landscape manager if you want to be fancy)
village office intern
library intern

4 Movies I Watch Over and Over
Clue ("This is war, Peacock!")
The Italian Job (the new one)
Love Actually
Pride and Prejudice (the A&E series)

4 Places I Have Been
England
Germany (Bavaria mostly)
Austria
Paris


4 Places I Have Lived
England (Lancaster and London)
Gettysburg, PA
Granville, OH
(I'm kind of limited because I live where I grew up)

4 TV Shows I Watch
Pushing Daisies
Chuck
Heroes
Criminal Minds

4 People Who Email Me Regularly
Does chatting count? Carolyn
Another college friend
A friend from England because we are in a class together now
A riding friend

4 Favorite Foods
Lamb Curry (but it has to have proper lamb! The stuff around here doesn't cut it)
Thai anything (yum, spicy)
Chicken with Chinese peanut sauce over cucumbers (again, yum, spicy)
Pizza Cottage Pizza (great, now I have to order that for lunch!)

4 Places I Would Rather Be:
Riding
London
Sleeping
Ireland

4 Things I'm Looking Forward to:
The end of my masters so I can have free time!!!!!
Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
Buying my own spinning wheel
Summer so I can ride more

I'm not going to tag anyone so if you want to do this meme, copy and paste it in your own blog and leave a comment telling me that you did. :)

I heard yesterday that a knitting friend is having a medical scare. I wanted to give her something to give comfort so I took the Majestic Mountains stole to the knitting shop yesterday. It was going to be a mother's day gift for mom but I'll just make her something else.

In other knitting news, the body of my EMU shawl is finished and I am working on the border. Last night, I did a swatch of the border to figure out where I wanted the beads to go. These are the beads I used for the MS3. I really like the way that the gunmetal gray go with the gray of the yarn.

The border is going rather quickly so I'm hoping to have this finished really soon! The pattern is a perfect quick knit that doesn't require much counting or brainpower. Unlike the other version I made of the Shoulder Shawl in Syrian Pattern, I don't have to worry about running out of yarn with this one!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Are you coming to MD S&W this year? If so, let's arrange to meet up!

Anne said...

I'm really hoping to go! I've already gotten the time off from work and am trying to find people to carpool to MD. I'm thinking of driving down early to go to Gettysburg on Friday. We will definitely have to meet up! :)

Bridget said...

I've been meaning to write and let you know that I chose you as someone who made my day on my blog. Sorry I haven't gotten to it until now.

MDS&W isn't that far away, wow ...