Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The key to a party

The final round of Christmas parties has finally come to an end. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting with all of the people but it can be a bit much. In high school, we used to have a cookie party each year. The tradition didn't continue when I went to college. This year, however, we decided to change that. Apparently we went a little overboard! My family ended up having 3 parties this year. :)

The first and second parties happened on the same day. The first was in the afternoon and the second in the evening. Much soup was eaten, many stories shared, and meeting new people was done but not much cookie decorating happened. The third party, on the other hand, was a cookie decorating machine. (I know that sentence doesn't make sense but stick with me on this one.) I had to start baking more cookies during the party so there would be more variety! All of the parties were so much fun. I just love socializing and feeding people :)

My family had a quiet but nice Christmas. The cat and the dog stayed in the same room to see what all of the activity was about. We use cloth bags instead of wrapping paper so the cat couldn't have fun attacking the paper. In the way of knitterly gifts, my aunt gave me a gift card to the LYS (<3) and Mom (and presumably Dad) gave me a set of Knit Picks Options needles. I didn't get all of my presents finished for Christmas (oops) so I am still working on them. Perhaps New Year's presents?

No comments: