Saturday, December 16, 2006

More vacation stories (oh, how I wish I was back there)

Meeting up with Karen and Emily was extremely easy at the airport. They had a little more difficulty because our tickets were purchased as a group but I wasn't there yet. That problem was resolved quickly and they were checked in.

The flight over to Zurich was amazingly empty. I would say that the plane only had 1/3 of it occupancy filled. Everyone was able to spread out and almost everyone was able to have a row of seats to themselves. I was really looking forward to watching the in-flight movie, The Devil Wears Prada (who else thought the book ending was much better?). It did get started late so I wasn't able to get as much sleep as I should have. Also, the individual lights weren't working so they never turned off the main cabin lights :( I did, however, get plenty of knitting done.

I guess we were really getting pushed by the tailwinds because we arrived in Zurich almost an hour (!) early.

No comments: