Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Insane

I’ve officially gone insane.  This might just be the millionth time I’ve said that on this blog.  Today, I’m specifically talking about the slight obsession I’ve had with Rosemary Hill’s shawl patterns.  Remember me talking about working on them in my last post?  I had finished Bitterroot and was working on Brandywine.  Well, I finished the Brandywine shawl on Sept 5th.  It was started on August 31st!!!! And the shawl I’m working on now?  Merope by Rosemary Hill. 


The only modification I did on the Brandywine pattern was work 16 repeats of Chart B instead of 15.  Actually, that modification would have really messed me up if I didn’t have another skein of the same yarn hanging around.  For the last 5 stitches, I had to do a russian join with leftover cast on tail.  Luckily, I did have 2 skeins of the yarn so I wasn’t stressing too much. 



For the Brandywine, I used Kraemer Yarns’s Sterling Silk & Silver in a royal blue that has slight flecks of silver in it.  Most of the time yarns that have metallic or angelina in them makes for a scratchy yarn.  This stuff I could definitely imagine making socks with it though you would hide away all of the pretty sparkle in your shoes. 

Do you want to hear about the next shawl?  I’ve known that I wanted to knit Merope ever since it was first released.  I absolutely loved everything about the shawl.  The little eyelets in the middle of the shawl and the diamond design on the sides really sparked my interest.  A couple of days ago, when I read the story behind the shawl, I knew the Sterling Silk and Silver yarn would be perfect for it.  The silver looks like stars on a night sky. 

This shawl was started on September 4th and today, September 7th, I’m 1.5 rows and a bind off away from being finished!!!!  It’s a little bit insane how quickly these shawls have been going.  It’s not even as if all I’ve done is knit this weekend.  I’d say that I’ve devoted pretty much the same amount of time to them as I normally would during a week.  I guess when my knitting mojo came back, it came back with a vengeance!  Of course, I’ll probably take a long break from knitting anything after all of this craziness! :) 

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Wow! Insanely wonderful!