Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti earthquake

It's been a much longer time than I expected to have without blogging.  So in a quick sentence I hope everyone had a nice Christmas (or whatever holiday), New Years and middle of January!  I've been busy with spinning and getting ready to make a handspun sweater for the Knitting Olympics.  I swear that I really will post soon. 

OK, now down to the real point of this post.  As I'm sure you all know, Haiti suffered a horrendous earthquake.  The Yarn Harlot wrote a very informative post about donating to Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (Canada here, USA here, Other countries can find their site here) .  If you are able, please consider donating. 

I found an unusual way to donate today thanks to my credit card company, capital one.  You can donate your rewards points to the charity of your choice.  For capital one, 1000 rewards points = $5.  I did a search for DWB/MSF and donated all of my (never redeemed) points.  Just as an fyi for you guys. 

No comments: