Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oops

I remember back in 2007 when I said, "I'm not taking up spinning. I can just see the fiber stash growing exponentially and taking over the house." Silly me. I mean, I was only thinking about prepared roving. I hadn't even considered the fleece stash and how easy it is to acquire *cough* 4 fleeces. Well, 4 sheep fleeces. I'm not counting raw mohair or alpaca. Though the alpaca really shouldn't count because I have less than a pound of it and the mohair shouldn't because it is is only 2 pounds. See I don't have a problem. Not at all. Nope. Not at all.

Jacob fleeceraw Jacob Fleece

Mocha shetland fleeceraw mocha (aka dark brown) Shetland fleece

Mocha shetland topCombed mocha Shetland fleece

Tan shetland fleeceraw light tan Shetland fleece (this monster is 7 pounds!)

raw alpaca fleeceraw dark gray/black alpaca (only a couple of ounces)

mohair fleeceRaw mohair fleece (2 pounds)

But then spring shearing started. . .

To be continued!

No comments: